Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Manassas Battlefield Portraits

A couple weekends ago we met photographer, and fellow VAGA member, Jeff Mauritzen at Manassas Battlefield to have our first portrait session with our beloved greyhounds.  It was a gorgeous November day and we couldn't have asked for nicer weather.  We could have had a little more cooperation from the kids though!  There were so many new sights, sounds, and smells that it was a little difficult to get them to focus on the task at hand!  With the help of the squawker and Tracy running and jumping around in the hay fields so they would track him we managed to get some good shots though!  He did this while holding Lauren which I thought was pretty entertaining in and of itself, our baby girl was probably thinking what the heck is going on, but she is such a laid back, happy baby that she didn't mind.  She had a great time too just walking around with us, watching the dogs, and taking in some fresh air!

The time went by really quickly and before we knew it, the sun was setting.  Once it was too dark to photograph, we headed back to the van and loaded up the baby and the dogs.  I turned to Tracy and asked for the keys so we could go home.  He said "I don't have them, you were driving" to which my response was "I don't have them either"!  S&*#!    I think I mentioned that it was dark and we were in a field!  Oh, and once the sun set it started to get pretty chilly too!  So, I searched the van a dozen times while Tracy tried to re-trace our steps up the hill through the field, no doubt very displeased with me!  After some time, we both came up empty handed!  Thank God Jeff aided in the search and found the key though!  He actually kicked it and heard the sound, since it was just a single black key and the remote that we were looking for it was really hard to see.  Apparently it had fallen out of my pocket!  Jeff saved the day and we were able to go home :)  The pups had also gone with us earlier in the day to run some errands and get their pedicures so needless to say they were exhausted on the way home.

For those that are interested, the link to the pictures is http://inphotograph.photoshelter.com/gallery/George-Greyhounds/G00005rPfQe4rqko and the password is VAGA.

1 comment:

houndstooth said...

It's always got to be something, doesn't it? I'm glad you found the keys in the end!

You guys got some beautiful pictures! I think it's going to be hard picking some favorites. Lauren is getting so big, too!