Every year since we've had greyhounds, we have taken them to our local SPCA fundraiser for pictures with Santa. The photos are usually done at the SPCA, but this year they were at a local farmer's co-op. They ask for a $15 donation, take the photos, and you pick them up on a CD a week later. I use it as an opportunity to give a much more generous donation and make a memory at the same time. I have to say though that I've been a little more disappointed each year with the photographer (it's always a different person). I always liked the Santa though - he was quiet but very nice and genuine. However, this year was the worst yet - thanks to a new Santa. When we arrived, I asked the photographer where the regular Santa was who had been for the last 6 years. Even the photographer apologized - she looked at me and said "I'm really sorry about this Santa, let's just say that he doesn't have the holiday spirit"! My children know that the 'real' Santa can't be everywhere and he has to send helpers to collect lists for all the children, but even they were not at all impressed with this guy. He was a total grump, looked like an alcoholic, and my husband heard him cursing out in the parking lot because he was stuck doing photos all day and didn't get to go hunting that morning! As he was walking back in he had his coat unbuttoned and his beard down around his neck with a look of disgust on his face! They must have been really desperate to even ask this guy to do it. I will still donate to the shelter, but I may have to re-think the Santa photos after this year's experience! The photographer took a ton of photos, but when I picked up the CD, it only had these two photos on it. I have to admit that the second photo does make me laugh though :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, he exemplifies 'Bad Santa'. Maybe they will ask you to be the photographer next year? :)
yeah..that isn't cool at all. You ended up with a good photo though..I love the one with them all looking up at the 'treat/squeaky in the sky'. I second Gyeong's suggestion!!!
Post a Comment