Tuesday, December 27, 2016

No More Toys

Getting ready for Christmas this year was very emotional.  One reason was because I didn't have my boy here to celebrate with :(  I cried the day I got our stockings out, knowing that I couldn't hang his this year.  Before that, on Nov. 27, I packed up all the toys - that was really hard and left me in tears again!  The toy basket has literally sat untouched since he left us and there was no reason to have it out, but it was still hard because he loved his toys so much!  I put them all in a bag and carried them to the basement, not sure why I didn't just throw most of them away (except for the special ones), but I couldn't bring myself to do it.  In their place I put a nice big Santa decoration, but that will soon come down too and leave an empty space.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( So sorry. I know how hard that is. I still have Maggie and Booyah's favorite toys and put them in their shadow boxes. I can look at them now and smile thinking of happy memories.