Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Macy Grey!

On Friday (May 8, 2009), Macy turned 5 years old! Yes, she did try to celebrate early by eating a box of chocolates. Still...I figured birthdays only come around once a year (fortunately!) and it was cause for celebration. So, I made her some yummy chicken liver cupcakes with cream cheese icing! She loves that recipe! Last year, we made her a cake and let her eat the whole thing for her dinner that night. She gobbled up every bite, but I guess it was a little too much because it caused a bit of tummy upset. This year, I was smarter and made cupcakes for better portion control!

Tracy even got her a card...I told him I was going to make fun of him for it. It had a row of dog tails on the outside with a "Wag it if you got it" message on the inside. Tracy then wrote her a note that said "Your mama is a dork, but Happy Birthday anyway!". OK, so I made our girl a delicious treat...but, Tracy bought her a card! So, really, who's the bigger dork here???

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the birthday girl.


Shortly after this picture, they each carried their cake to their beds and made a big mess...plus I dropped one on the floor, but oh well, they cleaned up after themselves (and me) pretty well too : )

We went to the beach this past weekend too, but those pictures will have to wait until the next post...stay tuned.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Macy!! =)

Debbie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACY!!!!
I don't think your mom & Dad are dorks...they are just greyt people.

Stowe and Maria said...

I would like a cupcake too. mmmm. Your dogs have it good!

Two Greyhound Town said...

It looks like a greyt birthday!

IHateToast said...

finally a cupcake i'm not tempted by.

happy belated!