Monday, September 14, 2009

Meet and Greet Sunday

The monthly meet and greet at the Warrenton Petco was yesterday. September marks one year since I started this M&G. Several greyhounds now have forever homes in the Warrenton area as a result of this M&G which makes me happy :) The very first M&G we held in Warrenton led to an application and an adoption which gave me an overwhelming feeling of pride for having been involved and having something to do with another greyhound finding a home! I must admit that sometimes my husband and I feel like the M&G comes around more often than once a month though!

Still we have met so many great people and special hounds here. We usually have a good turnout considering it is such a small town. Hounds from left to right in order of heads are: Breezer, Hero, Venus, Macy, Harper, Buford, Puddin, and Ginger.


Ginger, a Spanish galgo, sporting a new wardrobe.


Macy was very happy to hand over her donation jacket duties to Puddin Pop.


Without this M&G, we may have never met fellow blogger Alex (and Hero) of Hope and Greyz either. Everyone who has met Hero knows he's a big boy! Puddin on the other hand is a petite girl. She walked right under Hero! It didn't seem to phase her, she just knew going under him was the shortest route from point a to b. Hero is such a good boy, it didn't phase him either...he just stood there like he didn't even notice!

Breezer doesn't come very often and was pretty nervous at first. She warmed up though...while patiently waiting to go back into the air conditioning...check out that tongue :)

Macy has been a little stinker at M&Gs lately. She does okay for a half hour or so (maybe even an hour), but then wants nothing to do with any of the other hounds or people. It's a rare occassion that she shares, so we always try to capture it.

Fine, I will let you share MY blanket THIS time, but don't push your luck, kid!

26 days til the next M&G, I know it will sneak up on us again! See everyone in October :)

6 comments:

Alex said...

It was greyt meeting Puddin' Pop. Such a sweet girl!

genji said...

Congrats on the one year anniversary! Sorry I didn't make it.

Michelle said...

It is a gratifying feeling knowing your hard work helped a hound find their home. :)

So, what about Puddin; is she a foster or a forever?

Angela said...

Michelle - no worries, Puddin isn't going anywhere! :)

Life With Dogs said...

I wish we had similar events to attend here. Maybe it's time for me to organize one!

Debbie said...

Looks like you all had lots of fun. Sorry I missed it. What a pretty group of greyhounds!!!