[I just realized that I had drafted this post at the end of August, but didn't actually publish it!]
Every year in August, there is a hot air balloon festival not far from our house. During the weekend of the festival, balloons lift off each morning and evening. This means we usually have a fantastic view of several balloons over the field behind our house. One of these years, we're actually going to take a balloon ride ourselves, but so far we just enjoy the scenic view from our backyard. Puddin, however, did not think they were such a lovely sight. On Friday evening I let the dogs out and there were some balloons. Puddin immediately went into alert mode, chasing and barking at the balloons! Then she would come back and rest for a while before repeating the whole chase scene. She was gorgeous as she watched the balloons and listened intently to every little sound. She was fascinated by them! It's funny how she noticed the balloons right away and knew they didn't belong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















3 comments:
They were probably scared the balloons were gonna land in the yard, and giving them fair warning. Stella has a size and speed limit for stuff in the sky at which she will bark. Planes are too fast, and little birds are too small. But hovering hawks and vultures are fair game. I think a hot air balloon would be perfectly in the middle.
What gorgeous photos of them. I really love the first one where they both look so happy with big grins on their faces :)
I don't think my guys have ever seen a hot air balloon. We live opposite a country airfield and low flying planes and helicopters don't worry them, thank goodness!
Hi Angela!
My name is Tammy. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I just wasn't sure how else to reach you. I sincerely apologize if this comes across as spam, that is not the intent. With Christmas just around the corner, I thought you might be interested in our latest infographic "Are You A Doggie for Christmas Kind of Mom?". You can view it at Flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106131018@N08/11241972855/ (Preview) . FYI (in case you're not familiar) Flickr.com is owned by Yahoo!. It's a very safe site and won't hurt your computer. To download the infographic right click on it and Flickr will show you some options.
If you like this infographic and want to share it with your readers, please feel free to do so. The only thing that we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog dot com in some way from your post.
As a way of showing our appreciation to those who choose to share the infographic, I'd be happy to spread the word about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. Just let me know that you posted it and send me the link.
If you'd like to be removed from our contact list, please let me know.
Happy Holidays!
Tammy Sexton
Marketing Coordinator
Tammy at TheUncommonDog dot com
Post a Comment