I'm forever behind on both of my blogs, but still so glad that I keep at it! These pictures are from the end of September when our little boy finished Puppy Kindergarten. I'm amazed at how much he grew in 8 short weeks (his classes were only 7 weeks, but I was a week late in photographing him)! I wouldn't say that he was a star student because out of the six pups in our class, four never made a peep, one was totally obnoxious, and then there was Woody..filled with curiosity and a bit of a mischief maker! Fortunately, he learned about and fell in love with bully sticks which was a life saver while the instructor was talking! I also had my daughter with me at every session, even though she thought the classes were boring!




Woody is very smart though and quickly learned all of his commands with ease (and chicken and cheese)! He caught right on to the hand target, sit, shake, down, leave it, and drop it. So, maybe he really was a good student after all 😊 However, the one command he never had interest in learning was "come" - that wee bit of independence in him was so frustrating for months! He seemed to think it was this amazing, incredible game to run away from me as I tried to catch him to come inside. Thankfully, that stage has since passed and, most times, he now comes barreling towards when I call him to come! While still a little bitey, that part of him has substantially calmed down too. Overall, he is really such a good pup, I just wish he wasn't such a pest to Vinny still! Don't get me wrong, he absolutely adores Vinny! He just wants a playmate - and Vinny isn't always interested!
Here are the little guy's graduation photos from puppy kindergarten!
A few "outtakes": Yes, I digitally removed the leash in all the above photos...even though he's good, he still wasn't quite ready to sit still for a photo shoot! My helpers were great, but it was still hard for him to focus on me and not them or the yummy treats they had!
Finally, a few comparison shots...just 8 weeks apart and look how much he grew!
No comments:
Post a Comment