Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Greyhound Invasion

We went on another trip this past weekend. Mama said I could tell you about it and she would type it for me since it would take me waaaay too long. On Friday, we started the day like any other. Look at Buford, he is so silly sometimes!



Then everything changed! Mama and Daddy started packing suitcases which always gets us all worked up, but thankfully they packed one for us too! We were so excited to get in the van.

Buford asked me where we going.


I told him I didn't know, but it didn't matter as long as we got to go!


Turns out that we went to a new place called Gettysburg, PA for the annual Greyhounds in Gettysburg event. I don't remember ever seeing so many other greyhounds before! It was a pretty busy place - greys of every color and size, and whippets, and IG's too!



Mama and Daddy had fun seeing all of our extended family and they liked shopping too. We got new collars, and cookies, and other good stuff. We had a greyt time too, but there were two problems. 1. It was way too hot for us! and 2. You won't believe this, but there were actually too many butts to sniff and not enough time! We were worn out just trying to meet everyone!

The day wasn't over yet though. Guess what? We got to eat in a restaurant for dinner. Yep, a real restaurant! There were other greys who were eating outside, but there wasn't much room and it was still hot. So, our mom asked the owner if we could come inside to eat and he said yes! The other moms must have been afraid to ask. Our mama was so proud of us because we were so well-behaved! She said a couple of people gave us dirty looks, but we didn't care. There were also nice people like this man who came over to talk to us and get some information on greyhounds. He said that we were better guests than everyone else in the restaurant :) We liked eating with our family (Mama, Daddy, and our aunt & uncle who went to GIG too). Mama ordered us chicken strips - yum!




Then after dinner we got to walk along downtown and meet a lot more peeps and pups on our way to...an ice cream shop. Mama and Daddy got us each our own scoop - we love this stuff!



What a fun day, but we sure were tired when we got back to the hotel!


We slept good...and then found out we had to do it all over again on Saturday. I thought WHAT??!! Are you kidding me?! But then the thought of being left behind gave us the energy to get ready and go with Mama and Daddy. We walked around for a while. We missed the costume contest - wish we could have seen it, it would have been funny. We did get to see this family though - a blue, a grey, and a pretty little southern belle.


I'm glad I didn't have to dress up! Daddy found a hat that he said looked like it was made for a Buford and we have one of those (a Buford that is) so Daddy tried it on him. It made me laugh! We didn't buy it though, I'm sure Buford was happy about that!


We were exhausted and it was just too hot in the afternoon for us, so we went back to the hotel with our aunt and uncle while Mama worked at the VAGA tent and Daddy went to York.

We like going to hotels because we can get on the big bed there.



After we recouped a little, we went to dinner with a bunch of other greys and their families. Then we went to take pictures on Buford Avenue. Yep, you heard me right.




Why does Buford get something named after him? Where is my avenue? I should have just taken his - that works with everything else I want!

On Sunday we went shopping at the Harley Davidson place, but Mama forgot to get a picture. Dogs were allowed in the store, the place was packed and we got so much attention! Mama said she was surprised that we got such a warm welcome, but I wasn't...everyone loves us!

Then we were homeward bound. We got some zzzz's in the van.


I wanted this bed (even though there were two). I tried to bully Buford off of it, but he was tired and wouldn't budge...so I was forced to share which I don't like!


This is how we ended our weekend, just how we started it!



Man, it looks we didn't do anything, but we had a very eventful weekend!

4 comments:

genji said...

My guys got tired just listening to all the fun activities at GIG. Now they are asking if they can go next year :)

Monica said...

What a great Greyhound weekend! Who said dogs can't smile? Just look at those grins on Buford and Macy's faces!

A road trip, being outdoors, sniffing other dogs butts, chicken strips, ice cream, hotel bed... it sounds like a dream weekend!

I love the photo of Buford with his hat...he looks so sophisticated! heehee

Alex said...

Glad to hear that you all had a good time.
Macy , I found these on google:

Macy St, Amesbury, Essex, MA 01913
Macy St, San Bernardino, CA
Macy St, West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Macy St, Lehigh Acres, FL 33974
Macy St, Riverside, CA 92530
Macy St, La Habra, CA 90631
Macy St, Norfolk, MA 02169
Macy St, Lake Charles, LA 70601
Macy St, Harrisburg, OR 97446
Perhaps some ideas for future trips :-)

Michelle said...

Glad you had a blast at GIG!! It is a greyt event! =) Nice pics.