I take so many pictures all of the time, but only a small portion of them ever make it to the blog. I seemed to never have time to get the blog updated, but now every evening I come to the computer and look back at pictures of Macy. It makes me sad, but it also helps in some way to write about our beautiful girl and think about all of the wonderful memories we have.
Our local SPCA hosts the visit with Santa each year as a fundraiser. Santa looks like he'd rather be somewhere else in some of the pictures, but he was actually very nice. All of the volunteers there were great. They spent a lot of time with us, loving on the pups and helping to squeak and throw toys up in the air to get them to perk their ears.
After the kids got in a little nap, we headed to Fredericksburg so we could all walk in the parade with VAGA. About 40 hounds showed up. I asked Tracy to take a couple pictures of us. They turned out to be the last pictures of me with all three kids.
I still can't believe that Macy won't be here to celebrate Christmas with us this year. A couple weeks ago when I was thinking about posting these pictures, I was going to title this post "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year". I only wish it was now! It will still be Lauren's first Christmas and for that I am thankful. Having Lauren to take care and love has got me through a lot of sad times already. No matter how I'm feeling, it's impossible not to smile when I look at that precious little bundle and see all of the love in her eyes. Lauren will never remember Macy, but I promised her that I will share so many stories with her about her very special doggie.
5 comments:
I lost my 2 oldest cats, 20 and 22, 3 days apart just a couple days before Christmas. I know it makes it a little harder when they go at this time of year, they are family too. The parade and Santa pictures are great. Macy is very cute with Santa. Best Wishes.
I'm glad I got to see Macy at the parade. Hope Buford and Puddin' are ok.
I am sorry! Macy looked lovely in all of those pictures, which is a nice final memory to have.
I lost my first heart dog just a couple of weeks before my birthday, and my grandma passed away just a few days before my birthday, several years apart. There's never a good time to lose a loved one, but I do understand that some times are much worse!
We got our picture with Santa back today. They had a professional photographer there who took dozens of pictures of the girls with Santa. We thought the first batch wouldn't be good and so she took a second batch. I just knew the pictures in the second batch would be great. They were going to choose the best one. Well, I got it and you can barely see Blueberry behind Bunny and she's not even looking, Morgan's tongue is out over her nose and Santa's eyes are closed and he looks drunk! I'm so glad that yours turned out better!
I am glad you were able to capture these moments. Macy will be remembered by everyone.
All the pictures are beautiful. I'm so glad you will always have them to look at and they will bring a smile to your face (in time) as you recall all the many fun times you shared.Macy certainly was "one of a kind" who will be in your heart forever.
Post a Comment