Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Girls

I know I just wrote all about Lauren and Puddin in the last post, but I just got some other very sweet captures over the weekend that I had to post. 

I had a really cute setup in mind to photograph Taylor (who is now 8 months old) in a lineup of teddy bears with this cute teddy bear drop.  As happens more often than I would like, my vision and reality just didn’t match!  The bears were falling over every two seconds, and I definitely underestimated my baby's desire to be on the move these days.  She was not interested in sitting still and as soon as I got into position to click she was crawling away!  So, I gave up on that idea quickly.
 
The dogs can’t resist the flokati rug whenever I bring it out.  Puddin laid down and Lauren joined her (as usual) and she continued watching TV.  I love watching the two of them interact.  Puddin enjoys it when Lauren is nearby; she will roll over for Lauren to pet her belly and is always pawing at Lauren for more attention when she stops petting her.    It’s very cute!  

Lauren and Puddin set the scene here completely on their own (otherwise Lauren wouldn't still be in her pj's without having her hair brushed!) and fortunately I was still sitting on the floor with the camera nearby.  I’m so glad that Lauren gets to experience the joy of growing up with dogs.  I didn’t set out to photograph anything like this, but I’m sure glad I was able to capture the connection between my girls.  Often, it’s these unplanned moments that mean the most!
 
 







 
 




3 comments:

What Remains Now said...

These photos are so sweet, touching, beautiful...perfect. Truly, they are so sweet I teared up a little. Such love.

houndstooth said...

The pictures are adorable! I can't ever picture Lauren without a dog in her life.

genji said...

They are just so sweet together.