Saturday, June 5, 2010
Blogger Award
Thanks to Michelle at Life's Little Moments for thinking of us and giving us this award! I'm a little late in responding since things got even more hectic than usual once I started back to work after 12 weeks of maternity leave and I find myself completely exhausted every day! Life was just starting to return to "normal" after having a baby and we were doing great, then that dreaded thing called a job had to come back in the picture :( I would much rather be at home with Lauren, Macy, Buford, and Puddin, but I digress...
Okay, so to accept the award we have to post seven things about us. Since this blog is all about my precious pups, it's only fitting that my seven things revolve around them! If you've been following for a while, you probably know all of this; but, here we go...
1. We adopted our first greyhound (Macy) on March 15, 2008! Yep, it was a day that forever changed our lives for the better!
2. We were so smitten with Macy that we adopted our second greyhound (Buford) just 106 days later! He stole my heart and was a mama's boy from the start!
3. It was fate that we have our third greyhound (Puddin) who joined our family in August 2009. During a trip to Orlando to volunteer at the rescue kennel and bring back a lucky group of hounds for adoption in Virginia, I met and fell in love with Puddin Pop...only to learn that she had already been selected for adoption to another family. Through no fault of her own, Puddin was returned and we were united once again! She is still the perfect greyhound and would fit into any family, but I'm so glad she's ours :)
4. Macy's favorite activity is going for a ride, Buford's is going for a walk, and Puddin's is going for a big 'ol run!
5. The pups each get a milk bone and a piece of real chicken for their bedtime snack. Oh, and Macy has to have a little cereal with us each morning (her favorites are Mini Wheats and Smart Start)! Yes, they're all very spoiled!
6. I love attending greyhound gatherings! I've only been to a few (Mountain Hounds, Greyhounds in Gettysburg, and Grapehounds-Virginia), but they're always fun!
7. I never knew about the world of dog blogs until I discovered Genji's Corner which inspired me to start my own blog. Thanks Gyeong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Very cool! I always thought you'd had greyhounds for much longer. You have three very adorable hounds there! :)
They are a bit spoiled! :) But they deserve it. :-)
Hey Angela,
March is a good month for you..lots of life changing things happened for you. In 2008...Macy, in 2010 Lauren. Let's see what happens in March 2011.
Post a Comment