Friday, June 25, 2010

A Perfect Birthday

This is Buford and I want to tell you all about my birthday which was on Sunday, June 20.  I was so anxious to wish my Daddy a Happy Father's Day that I almost forgot it was my birthday until I overheard mom and dad talking about it!  They said I turned 7 years old and that was officially considered a senior!  WHAT?!  That's absurd!  I am NOT a senior!  I am so playful, happy, bouncy, and full of life...I refuse to believe it!  My mom and dad agree with me, so I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that and move on with my perfect day. 

Even though it was really hot, Daddy took us for a short walk.  After all, a birthday without a walk is not a happy birthday in my book!


After our walk, we all got CHEESE!  We were happy campers until Daddy said it was "all gone"...we do not like those words!


I played with bones (the stuffed kind and the real ones).


Once the shade moved in, I moved out and spent some time relaxing in the yard.



That evening we had some excitement too! There is farmland behind our house. Every year they cycle the crop between corn, soy beans, and wheat. Mom loves it when there's stuff planted back there because she says it's really pretty, especially when there is a breeze. This year there was wheat, but over the last couple of weeks they have been harvesting it. We thought it was pretty interesting just seeing the people and farm equipment back there. Then I remembered why I like it so much more when that field is empty. Do you see them? Look closely, see those little brown specks? They're deer! Yep, I was the first one to spot them and then took off charging! Now we get to see the deer just about every evening in the field.


The girls followed me when they saw the deer too.  Too bad the fence stopped me, I could have taken those deer!


I knew there would be birthday cake and I was right!  I kept thinking about it all day long and wondering where it was, but we didn't get it until night time!  Chicken liver cake with cream cheese icing has kind of become a birthday tradition around our house - a very yummy one I might add!  Daddy decorated it for me ;)


This isn't the most flattering picture of me here, but I'm always a comedian and make my family laugh!


This is good stuff!  We got frozen yogurt for the first time too and it was tasty!



That's how I spent my birthday, I got to do all of my favorite things!  Oh, and I got lots of ear rubs too!!!

4 comments:

houndstooth said...

Buford, that looks like a perfect birthday in my book! I'd have helped you with those deer if I could get over the fence. Just the thought of liver cake is making me drool!

Bunny

Anonymous said...

what an awesome birthday! That's a great pic of you enjoying your birfday treats.

Michelle said...

Happy birthday Buford! You sure did have a good one. :)

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Buford!!! BTW...you are right...seven is still VERY young!!