Sunday, January 7, 2018

Goodbye 2017 - Hello Kells Lancia (Kallie)

New Year's Eve was rather uneventful around here!  I was sick and I slept right through the new year for perhaps the first time as an adult!  However, we did get BIG news on New Year's Eve!  We found out who the next member of our family will be!  Meet Kells Lancia!  It took days of thinking hard and going back to the drawing board a hundred times to come up with a name we could all agree on, but we finally settled on Kallie!  And even then, there was a debate of whether to spell it with a C or a K, LOL!  We can't wait to meet this little girl at the end of the month and we hope she will help Vinny with his loneliness when we are not home!  Woody still goes to my mom's house on the days that Tracy and I both work (which I still believe is the right decision), leaving Vinny as an only dog and he has been letting us know he's not happy about that by peeing in the house, a lot!  He peed a lot in the beginning, then we found out he had a UTI, and once we got the infection cleared up he was so much better, although he would still have the occasional accident.  However, since we had to say goodbye to Puddin, he's been much worse about peeing and we've had to start using the belly band again :(  We are hoping this will make him happier while we are gone and not quite so needy when we are home!  I love him dearly and he wants nothing more than to be RIGHT by my side which is amazing (except when I trip over him all the time)!  He's so full of love, and hopefully having a greyhound buddy around again will help him handle the times alone a little better.

This girl was described as "sweet, calm, and friendly" which sounds about like most greyhounds and we hope she fits well with our family.  I pray that my daughter doesn't have any adverse affects by adding another dog to the house and honestly I hope Kallie is a take charge kind of girl who will keep these boys straight!



No comments: