Thursday, October 2, 2008

Coming Home

Our lives changed forever on March 15, 2008! That is the day we adopted our first retired racing greyhound...a beautiful fawn female whose racing name was "Craigie Maythorn" and we cleverly renamed her Macy Grey. Macy completely and totally captured my heart from the moment I saw her. Here is our adoption day picture. I was so nervous and took the decision to adopt very seriously. I was worried about how our lives would change since we had no pets and I was hoping that we were up to the challenge. It turned out to be no challenge at all, Macy was the perfect angel from day one. She was terrified of the stairs, but otherwise adapting to life in a home seemed so easy for her.

By the way, this is my first blog...I guess if you're passionate about something you will always find the time or have something to say, so hopefully I will be able to keep it up :) For those of you that don't have Greyhounds, you may think I'm crazy...and for those that do have Greyhounds - well, you know I am crazy, but you are too so you completely understand! I have a lot of catching up to do since I am starting this in October and need to backtrack to March to tell the whole story.

No comments: