Everyone knows that in a very short time, I quickly became passionate about greyhounds! I truly feel like Macy changed my life and she filled a void in my heart that I didn't even know existed! Tracy and I were leading a very happy, content life and everything was going great. Then we decided that we would like a dog. We had been to the SPCA a couple of times, but hadn't found that perfect match yet. Then we saw this article in the Free Lance Star and discovered VAGA. Little did we know that we would soon be sucked into the 'greyhound cult' (and I mean that in the nicest way)! Just three and a half months after adopting Macy, we decided to get our second greyhound and in came "Our Buford".I hated his name at first, but Tracy liked it from the start and said once a Buford, always a Buford. I agreed only because he was 5 years old and thought it would be easier on him. We got Buford on June 29, 2008 and he turned 5 one week earlier on June 20. The bad news is that he didn't even know his name after all that time. The good news is that it quickly grew on me (now I love it) and it fits him perfectly because he's our big goofy boy!
Buford is a very special boy who had led a very hard life. Buford came into the rescue kennel emaciated as he "ran his back off". This is a kennel phrase when they run a dog into the ground! It causes a build-up of lactic acid in the muscles. He was a skeleton and had many medical exams performed. The folks at Greyhound Pets of America/Greater Orlando (GPA/GO) took great care of our boy and he stayed with them for nine months until they were certain that he was a healthy boy. Now he is finally in his forever home and enjoying the life of luxury!
No comments:
Post a Comment