Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On The Road To Recovery

Buford's surgery was very serious and he came home with lots of meds and strict instructions. For example, he could only have chicken and rice for weeks. I spent so many hours standing at the counter cutting up chicken! We had to cook more chicken and rice about every three days which gets old quick. Buford had a very healthy appetite after the first couple of days, but we had to feed him very small meals 4-6 times per day. We were also told that he had to have 24 hour supervision for 14 days and no running, jumping, or climbing stairs for 4 weeks. Tracy and I took turns taking time off from work and my aunt also helped babysit. Since he was not able to climb stairs, we moved a twin mattress that we had into the living room and for the next 5 weeks I slept downstairs with my boy. We also kept him on lead for 7 weeks just to make sure that he had fully healed since we knew he wanted to run more and more as he started to feel better.




Oh, and I did I mention that it was a Tempur-Pedic mattress? Do we have spoiled kids or what?

No comments: